Saturday 22 February 2014

Srirangam- tour diary 21.2.14 friday

Visited Vellarai a divya desam .few kms away in the morning landscape near it was dry with a lot of rice mills but the village around the temple is   modern and  presents a clean and nice picture a relief from Sri rangam that has open drains flowing along well metalled roads except in the highly sanitised area in  the temple complex..
The pujaris were however odious.The practises they subjected us near the sacred sanctum was total abhacharam  -meaning it was not in consonance with etiquettes of religious rituals one normally associates in such holy and hoary places.

It was deliberate ofcourse ,yet such wantonness s or such an offensive conduct that  was so contrary to established cultural ,social and religious practises, that to in a temple sanctified by visit of azhwars in 8 the cent ad, that its brazenness can be  possible only with direct intervention of politicians who are either

                                       1. shameless Hindu's or                                                                                  2.shameless  atheists or                                                                                                                        3.shameless ones who belonging  to other religions who have scarce respect for Hindu traditions.

Finally It is those archaka's who were shameless to bend .But they are also ordinary mortals and not saints or scholars and like all the rest fear politicians.

However this incident like several before made me wonder that had i belonged to another faith and was in similar situation  viz blogging and provoking without any animus would the politicians dared to order those presiding over the respective religious places of worship to give me a obnoxious treatment when i am visiting such places to derive solace and peace ,that is contrary and offensive against their respective religious practises?

Boarded noon train on to a a ramshackle carriage near the engine that constantly blew its loud horn.After lapse of few hours  had a overwhelming desire to write about T.bill , tour etc and the train slowed down as i fished out my notebook .The constant glares of dime a dozen participants in the crowded  second class carriage and the provocation at the vellarai temple made me want to write and hopefully create some confusion in the last day of the parliament  .

I know that it would be instantly relayed  and the train would be halted till i finished because of my earlier experiences in train travel in recent times.When i wrote in train on return trip from Udipi the train was halted and its contents used even before i landed at Chennai and the same was true on my recent trip from visiting satyagala in Mysore.That was in the splendid isolation of second class ac in fully deserted coaches that had lulled me .
Power lurked at the tip of my fingers.Revenge is sweet and i was terribly tempted to throw a spanner in the political going on's in the par.  1. I could understand Cong's selfish move on bifurcation but not bjp's stand of playing along .They could have stood their ground and brought some amendments to assuage the seemandras. 2.I wanted to expose the crocodile tear being shed by Cong on release of ltte .why did they  deliberately let it happen ?rajiv's own family members were indifferent till now what with his own daughter forgiving etc one of his terrorists/killers and then now blame jj for releasing them.All politics. Beyond my understanding.At a personal level am glad that she nastied cong .she has the political power that i lack to avenge .

I looked around .The carriage was full and a toddler was getting restless.The train was a very long one and was filled to brim with people eager to reach their destination as quickly as possible with dozens of responsibilities as important as the next .This acted as a douche of cold water and made me realise that by being provoked i am squarely falling into the hands of politicians for their selfish goals.Not one of of them is bothered about me or of all those passengers.

If i wrote i would be behaving exactly like them. that of using power only for selfish aggrandisement.In my case the satiated feeling of sweet revenge , clearing of my mind a reprieve from constant prodding by kgb and co and blissful peace.

It would take me hours to write it all out [vomit  out the never ending confessions  spiced with the much looked forward to -imagination]  and the train will halt and halt.and the unsuspecting  passengers will swallow any excuse given by the authorities and wait it out.But by knowing that the delay could be very well because of me i couldn't get myself to be the source of such distress and deceit that all of them would be subject to.

So fought back that well provoked  literally unstoppable urge [result of truth serum or other techniques?].to write and allowed it to trouble my mind till i de boarded.

I am writing all this on 22.2.14 from my flat after reaching it yesterday night.

To fight such tactics to elicit confessions one needs determination . In my case the determination came about because i couldn't put my peace and welfare above 100's of co passengers travelling in that train .My inconvenience and peace of mind was necessary but not at the cost of inconvenience of so many fellow travellers .
They 'll never know my sacrifice but i do and that mattered to me and that made me decide and stick to it. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment