Monday 2 August 2021

Visitors.

 My first visitor  during the lockdown was a Corporation fever worker.I was pleasantly surprised one morning when i answered the bell and saw a young girl in churidhar and mask.She said that she was from the Corporation and was here to check fever and oxygen level .At that time i knew nothing about oxygen level .
She checked us and found us to be normal.It was nice seeing a healthy, young cheerful woman at my doorstep.She exuded health and confidence and i looked forward to her next visit.She came regularily.
Next was my neighbours college going daughter.She had come to invite for Varalakshmi nombu.She came and sat casually on the sofa .No fear of contamination.She was at home as colleges were closed.It was nice seeing that girl that is her total non chalance. I excused myself as they live right next to that Corona infected person.
Then another Iyer woman  came and invited.Since they live in floor just above mine I thought i will go up and come back swiftly.She was also casual and cool.Their hall was packed with female relatives including a pregnant woman who all  live in the upper floors.I dropped my plan of a quick get away.They all looked happy , free and i wanted some of that for myself.So sat on a chair [at its edge lest i get infected].Then my next door neighbour joined ,and we all  had a good time joking and laughing.My age group women didnot come.

 
Just before Deepavali in November i had slight fever and a sore throat .It was raining.Sore throat is a normal occurence to me and i took crocin and gargled with warm salt water.The fever persisted .Was feeling tired .Was I being beamed the way it is done to me before festivals and davasams?Or did i catch the Corona?I decided to call up that corporation girl for testing ,before going to bed .The next day the fever and fatigue vanished .So didn't call her.

No comments:

Post a Comment