Thursday 5 August 2021

Perverts in action --

There  is a elderly Iyengar couple roughly our age  right in front of my flat.I can see into their balcony and they can see into my balcony and dining room.
The man is fair, dressed in yellow dhothi, bare chested with punal and always looks slovenly and never looks bright.His wife is pencil thin, with huge bulging eyes , dark and with high pitched screeching voice.
This man will come out and stand quietly looking at the street[brought out]when ever A Muslim in white cap or lungi or in pant shirt passes by on the road and then trudge in .In the evenings from 4.30 pm onwards he will sit in his balcony gazing ahead .He will rarely ever look. at me.Some times he will glare at me which is also rare.This is going on since 2014.
The woman will come out only to glare at me.She will  come out [brought out ] when i sit near the dining table to roll cotton for wick for the oil lamp used in puja  or whist filling kumkum in its containers or when i sit cutting camphor into two to be lit in aarti at puja times..Her glare would be so intense that i will look up and see her glowering at me with hatred like as if I am doing something which I shouldn't be doing.Though I  am doing what she would be doing in her house.
 
Their balcony door would be opened  around 6.45AM when my husband wakes up and then closed at 6.45 PM.12 hours of duty.In 2014 that mild looking man would be sitting whole day on the balcony.After few years they have  this 12 hours routine.Are they brought out or are they paid to do this?Maybe both.They seem to be of poor means since they are  living in their son in law's flat .They must be aware of what they are called to do even if instantly since that woman's hostility towards me is real .It is abnormal as i have never offended her in any way and she is not the type to read my blogs..Her hatred vibrates through the intervening space between us.

She is a iyengar brahmin woman and not a Christian or Muslim woman to show her displeasure at my activities relating to puja!
But the perverts have made her the representative of Evangelists or Jihadists substituting her in either a Muslim or Christian woman's shoes.
She was so hostile for years that I couldn't smile or  converse with her.
 
So when ever i see this Iyengar couple I am supposed to feel that I am in vicinity of hostile Muslims  or Christians.and over the years with this repititive actions and glares I also started feeling thus.
Now after change in govt here at T.Nadu she has slightly mellowed but beats a hasty retreat on seeing me and never meets my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment