Wednesday 4 August 2021

Sathabhishekam.

 In mid March attended 80 th birthday celeberations that consists of Vedic chanting and homam of our relative. Since I had my first dose of vaccination I took part in it happily.                                                       It went off well. The elderly man bearing the rigours of chanting vedas seated on the ground and pouring ghee into the Agni kund for more than a hour,.He is  quite fit for his age..

One of their relative a Gynocologist  by profession sat grimly with ablack face mask 
Most of us had removed it .Most of us there were vaccinated .She kept glaring at us and ordered me to wear my mask.I said I am vaccinated .She continued You must wear it for my sake and old mother and Aunt's sake so that they will not catch the virus.
I asked her Didn't you get vaccinated?She said .No There is no data and I can't take the risk and i also have forbidden my mother and aunt from taking it.
Crazy woman.She will not get jabbed although she is a practising doctor and also prevent her older relatives from getting vaccinated but expects the rest of us to mask up for her sake Obtuse and mad people abound.
 On the other side ,a very old couple in thier 90's who are also relatives, who are not very educated have taken the jab.They had no hesitancy .They felt it was for their safety.
A woman relative who has married a Muslim had also come to attend the function.she and her teenage daughters took part in all the rituals including pouring the water sanctified by vedas on the couples head by holding the perforated siver plate along with other traditional Brahmins.Those brahmins didnt know about her conversion but the relative conducting the Sathabishekam know it and encourage her to take part in all rituals.She was stomping up and down the stage where homam was performed.She readily complies hankering for recognition and role in a community she had scorned in her youth placing Love and passion above our society[brahmin]and  converted to Islam adapted the ways of that community including cooking and eating non veg etc and i  lived meekly though a harrindan by nature with her husband and his family.I advised her to go for marriage underSpecial marriages act and avoid conversion when she came over for legal advise regarding name change . .But conversion was the condition laid by her m-i-l to marry her son .She told rudely at my advise i donot care for religion only for love! Her name was changed at the proper conversion ceremony before her nikkah.She even cited her lover [then] language viz Tamil as  a good ground and excuse to marry him'.He is not Urdu but Tamil'and cited it  as a good criteria for her marriage!Implying that having same mother tongue will over ride differences between the two religions!

Now at mid life she wants to take part in our social and religious functions though she is a Muslim, and lives off her muslim husband's livings.It is only one or two families from our large  circle of relatives who indulge her craving to take part in rituals.Others do not .Those who invite her make it clear that  she can attend our functions as an audience and take part only in minor rituals but cannot take part in main rituals.

Besides myself I asked her How do you pray Do you tell namaaz or whatever their woman pray.She said she would pray like a  Muslim in her husbands circle and here she will be a Hindu .She had come all the way from Dubhai just to attend this function.
 
She whisked out here smart phone showing how during recent  Siva ratri she and 4o other Hindus in dubhai including men chanted Siva ashtotram! and she does this regularily and was proud of it. I was taken aback and asked doesnt Azim her hub objecte to it She said no1He lets me do what I like.from the very beginning.
 
But the Taliban that is after me  wants to constantly throw a purdah on me , discourage me from visiting temples and give  fatigue beam during festivals like as if I have converted to Islam ! And spoilt my reputation just because i am friendly with my Muslim flat  neighbour.Even that friend ship was forced upon me by threats of audio micro wave ....                                                                                                              Here is a woman from my community who has converted to Islam actually done it but she is  let scot free at her keeness in taking part in Hindu socio cum religious events  and chant Sanskrit slokas.
 
She left our society  to become a Muslim for' Love ' but she can stomp around reciting sanskrit slokas with strange Hindu men on her free will ,craving now for Hindu identity and here i am forced into the company of Muslims whose company and recognition i  do not care for.If they come and speak or profess friendship straight face to face I have no problem talking to them but not to those who are doing  in this vile hidden manner through mobiles and overhead hidden cameras.Dumping god knows what into me, maybe their ire and frustrations  under the obscurity of such shady communications .The same applies to Christians and Hindus who are using mobiles and readers to invade my privacy ,watch my reactions and then provoke me to write .Have they no decency?If my writing is so important they can always come to  my house and discuss it and give me a choice to decide whether I should write for them or not.instead of attacking me slyily ,caring two hoots for human dignity.If this sly method continues one day or the other it will boomerang against them .I hope ,wish and pray that  it does.

It was this relative who was sure that my first son Vidat was done away with by youths of her community [she was married for 5 years then] when she came to offer condolences by saying" Since Vidat was getting too close to a Muslim girl[colleague] ,our Pasangas [our youths]would not have let it go unavenged."
She left exactly at 10 30 AM with a special good bye to me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment